- Four big portabella mushroom caps (with the stems and gills removed)
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 2-2.5 T Italian sausage seasoning (I used Well Fed's recipe)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup (or more) of red or yellow bell peppers
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups (or more) of frozen kale (go nuts!)
- 1 egg, slightly scrambled
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- Salt and pepper
- Optional (not Whole30-approved): Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 400. Brown the sausage thoroughly, then transfer into a food processor. Use the sausage fat to sauté the onion and peppers for a couple of minutes, then the frozen kale, then the garlic in for the last minute. Add the veggie mix to food processor too. Throw in the coconut flour, egg, salt and pepper and then process until well-combined but not totally smooth. Spoon plenty of the mixture into each cap, top with cheese and bake for 20-25 minutes. If the cheese isn't quite browned enough, throw them under the broiler for a hot second. EAT.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?