Pork Carnitas Tacos
0 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
Source: 100 Days of Real Food
This is our all time favorite pork recipe. I use this recipe to make pork tacos and also when I'm making BBQ. I love the flavor the spices give the pork.
- 2 to 2 ½ lbs pork shoulder or Boston butt roast, cut into 5 or 6 small pieces
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 onion, cut into 6 or 8 chunks
- 3 garlic cloves, whole
- 1 recipe tomatillo salsa (use this recipe or can be purchased at Trader Joe’s, though theirs is a bit salty)
- 1 ½ recipes whole-grain corn tortillas
- 2 avocados, sliced
- Fresh cilantro
- Mix together oregano, pepper, salt, and cumin and rub on outside of pork pieces in bottom of slow cooker.
- Throw onion and garlic on top of pork.
- Slow cook on low for 6 – 8 hours or until meat is falling apart.
- When finished discard the onion and garlic. Drain meat and shred with a fork.
- Serve warm with tortillas, tomatillo salsa, avocados and cilantro.
No public reviews yet! Will you be the first?