Creamy Cauliflower, Leek and Potato Soup
0 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
Source: Clean Eating
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced leeks, white and light green parts only
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large Russet or Yukon gold potato, peeled and diced
- 3 1/4 cups chopped cauliflower florets
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper, plus additional to taste
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 2 1-oz slices all-natural, nitrite-free turkey bacon (TRY: Applegate Organic Turkey Bacon)
- 1/2 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- In a large saucepan, heat oil on medium-low. Add leeks and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute. Add potato, cauliflower, broth, 1 cup water and pepper and increase heat to bring to a boil; reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until potatoes and cauliflower are very tender, 20 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, mist a medium skillet with cooking spray and heat on medium-high. Add bacon and cook, turning once, until golden brown and cooked through to desired crispness. Transfer to a paper towel–lined plate to drain. Chop and set aside.
- With an immersion blender, purée soup until smooth. (Alternatively, carefully transfer soup to a blender, in batches if necessary, remove plastic stopper from lid, cover with a kitchen towel and purée until smooth; return to saucepan.) Place saucepan on low and stir in 1/4 cup cheese until melted. Season with additional pepper, if desired. Ladle soup into serving bowls and top with remaining 1/4 cup cheese, bacon and scallions, dividing evenly.
- Nutrients per serving (1 cup soup, 1 tbsp cheese, 1 tbsp turkey bacon, 2 tsp scallions): Calories: 204, Total Fat: 5 g, Sat. Fat: 1 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 2 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 g, Carbs: 29 g, Fiber: 4 g, Sugars: 4 g, Protein: 13 g, Sodium: 260 mg, Cholesterol: 15 mg
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?