- 2 organic chicken breasts, sliced in half lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch chili powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 bell peppers, washed, seeds removed, cut in half
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 tomato, diced
- Coconut or olive oil
- 1 cup shredded organic cheese
- Mix lime juice, cilantro, and all spices in a medium bowl. Place raw chicken in the bowl, stir to coat and marinade at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a casserole dish. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Boil bell pepper halves until soft, about 3 minutes, pushing them down with a spoon if they float. Once done, remove from pot and set aside.
- Heat oil in a medium pan and sauté chicken until cooked. Remove from pan, shred with two forks and set aside.
- In the same pan, sauté onion until it's soft. Turn off the heat, and stir in the chicken and tomato.
- Arrange the pepper halves open side up in the casserole dish. Fill each pepper with chicken mixture and cheese. Bake, covered with foil, about 15 minutes. Uncover and bake 5 minutes more until cheese is melted. Garnish with fresh cilantro.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?