Sausage & Quinoa Stuffed Acorn Squash
0 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
Source: The Messy Baker
- 2 acorn squash, halved and seeded
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- ½ pound pork sausage
- ½ cup onion, diced
- ¼ cup celery, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- ½ cup diced apple
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- ⅓ cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Drizzle acorn squash halves with ½ tablespoon olive oil per squash half. Sprinkle with a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Roast for 45 minutes, or until the squash is fork tender.
- While the squash is cooking, heat a large sauté pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the sausage and brown. Add the onion, celery, garlic, red pepper flakes, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the onion is tender and translucent.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the chopped thyme and rosemary. Stir in the quinoa, apples, and dried cranberries. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Scoop the mixture into the roasted acorn squash halves. Top with parmesan cheese and a drizzle of olive oil. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?