Fresh Purple Hull Peas and Spicy Sausage
0 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 cups fresh purple hull peas
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 12 to 16 ounces spicy andouille-style sausage or similar spicy smoked sausage
- salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a saute pan saute onions and garlic until tender. Transfer to a saucepan and add peas and chicken broth and simmer on low for 30 mins.
2. In the saute pan slice and brown. Add to peas, cover and simmer 30 more minutes or until tender.
3. Uncover and increase heat to medium and cook 3-5 minutes to reduce liquid.
4. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Serve with Cornbread
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?