1 cup wild rice
1/4 cup oil
1 medium onion, chopped
2 meduim carrots, peeled and chopped
2 large celery stalks, chopped 1 tsp dried thyme
3/4 cup all purpose flour
8 cups chicken stock
2 cups cooked chicken, cubbed
8 oz sliced mushrooms
1 cup half and half
1/2 cup chopped parsley
1. Cook wild rice in 4 cups of water for 45 minutes or until it fluffs up. Drain excess water.
2. In a large pot add oil and sautee onions, carrots, and celery until soft. Add thyme and flour. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add Chicken Stock and bring to a boil.
4. Add chicken, mushrooms and reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Add rice and half and half and bring back to a boil to heat through. About 5 minutes.
6. Turn heat off and stir in parsley!