Cheese and Prosciutto Stuffed Chicken Breasts
0 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
You could substitute a Tomato Basil Cheddar or a Garden Herb Havarti for the spreadable cheese.
- 2 boneless chicken breast halves
- ¼ cup spreadable garlic and herb cream cheese
- 4 thin slices prosciutto
- 2 tbsp chopped oil packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 6-12 basil leaves, depending on size
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Flatten the chicken breasts using a meat mallet to pound them until they are about ¼ inch to ½ inch in thickness.
- Spread ½ of the cream cheese on each chicken breast. Scroll down for step pictures. Top with basil leaves, then 2 slices of prosciutto on each breast and a tbsp of chopped sun-dried tomatoes on each breast. Carefully roll up the breasts and secure with toothpicks. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a oven proof skillet and brown the chicken, placing first with seam side down until just slightly golden brown. You may need to remove toothpicks to brown on all sides.
- Place skillet in oven and bake chicken for an additional 40 to 45 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken from skillet onto a cutting board, discard toothpicks and wait about 15 minutes before slicing each chicken breasts. To double the recipe simply double all the ingredients.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?