> Main Dish
> Baked Pumpkin Oatmeal
- ½ cup pecans, chopped (plus additional for garnish, if desired)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (about half of a 15-ounce can...but NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 3/4 cup almond milk (OR whole/2% milk), at room temperature
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted and slightly cooled
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease or spray with nonstick cooking spray an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Spread chopped pecans on an ungreased baking sheet and toast for 4 to 6 minutes or until fragrant and light golden brown. Cool on baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin, milk, eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla; beat until smooth. Blend in oats, toasted pecans, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice, and salt; stir until mixture is well-combined.
- Spread oatmeal into prepared baking dish and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until set and light golden brown on top. Allow to cool in the baking dish for at least 5 minutes before slicing. Serve warm with optional garnishes: warm milk drizzled over the top, additional toasted pecans, maple syrup, or fresh fruit.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?